Tuesday, May 8, 2012

EOC Week 6 - How Do I See Myself Starting in the Industry?


As of right now, I have only half a year until my expected graduation date. What I need to between now and then is focus on my portfolio for graduation and put together my demo reel. In the meantime, I plan to expand outside of school and bring in outside work to my demo reel, which would set me aside from my fellow classmates. An advantage to that is networking and meeting new people to expand those connections needed in the industry. After graduation I see myself starting in the industry working on little projects and charging a small amount and build by reputation by word of mouth. Aside from doing projects on my own times, I am going to also seek and hope to be a part of a company which will advance my career forward. In order for me to find a job, I can apply like crazy to various jobs postings or I can successfully be connected into one through my networking and connections. I plan to mingle with those in my field and constantly meeting new people to get my foot in the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment