Tuesday, May 29, 2012

BOC Week 9 Photo Challenge - Producer's Choice

I was the producer for a team production. We re-sound designed the movie Night of the Living Dead (1968). What we were in production for was Foley, ADR, SFX, Scoring, Mixing/Mastering, and Video Editing. We edited down the movie into 42 minutes that would fit in an hour block of television time. I was in charge of Foley production and had all the master tracks for all the individual area stems. I did all the audio editing as well. Once I received everyone's individual work, I was responsible in putting it all together as we did our weekly screening previews of or progress up until the due date. This whole experience was alot of fun but very tedious and frustrating work. Working with others is not easy but we all pulled it through and delivered a great final product. The pre-production documentation was not a delightful experience but it is something that needs to get done for all your spotting sheets to keep all recording sessions run smoothly with an outlined schedule. For these "mockup" job assignments, I had to fire the General Manager at midpoint production and hire a new classmate to fill in. I did the necessary to make the production process what it needed to be and with more strict deadlines. This project was alot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment