Tuesday, May 8, 2012

BOC Week 6 Photo Challenge - Special Effects

This is a screenshot picture of a project that I was working on for my Advanced Editing class. The theme was "Tell a Story" so it was completely free game of what I could do to film and edit a short story. Since this was my 3rd video editing class, I wanted to challenge myself and bring something new and different to the table. In my head I envisioned that someone had stolen the "Welcome to Las Vegas" sign on Las Vegas Blvd, and there would be a detective and witnesses to unravel the story of what really happened. I also wanted it to be comedic. I went to the strip and asked random people to answer the question "Who was it? and What did you see?" This was a really fun and funny experience to deal with drunk people, which made the video the better. As for the detective, I for sure wanted him to be in silhouette and I used a practical effect where I took a lighting kit and aimed it to the wall with a black background to have the silhouette effect which worked! I was proud of myself in accomplishing my vision into my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment