Tuesday, April 3, 2012

EOC Week 1 - What Sacrifices Are You Willing to Make for Your Career?

As much as no one can't have everything they want at all times, making career choices is something that life brings to you to experience. Starting with the fact that I’m currently attending college, unfortunately I am getting by with a “pay your bills” job. Most, if not, almost everyone usually goes this process and it is sometimes dreadful and painful when you are not in your line of work and your desired work, let alone, a part time because taking more than a full load at school is already enough to try and handle. But as time passes and you get closer to graduation, the thought of a “real” job is now to think about. Where do I go? What job should I take? (If different offers on the table) and what am I willing to sacrifice for the bigger picture in the end? Unless you know somebody from within the company, and even then it’s hard to make it work, you’re going to have to start at a low-paying, very bottom position in a company, and eventually work your way up. Let’s say this is for your line of work, but what if there’s a job position that pays very well, but is not in your line of work? Either route there is a sacrifice to make. For the time being, I think I am more willing to take the good pay, with benefits to save money first until I make the other sacrifice to take a pay cut, which I would have money stocked up from the previous job, to then work myself up in the chain in my desired line of work.