Tuesday, April 24, 2012

BOC Week 4 Photo Challenge - Movie Poster

This is a movie poster for a short film that I had originally composed the music for. It was for the 48 Hour Film Festival. The chosen genre for our group was "silent film." I originally wasn't participating in this event, but I joined later because they needed a pianist who knew ragtime and can compose on the spot. This is where I got the call and became on board! It was a really great opportunity to experience the real world and how the audio/video world work in the film industry. It got intense and extremely stressful but myself and the engineering team were able to pull it off, barely! It was surprising that alot of the music you hear in this short was previously recorded as improvisation without a locked video edit, or a guide for that matter and still worked when plugging it to different scenes. One of my favorite parts was playing along with when Chap was trying to sip out of the other guy's drink. It's a great comedic short. Click here to watch Lady and the Chap!


No comments:

Post a Comment